We are excited to tell you that, over the course of the next few terms we are starting to gather evidence and put together ideas to help us achieve UNICEF’s Rights Respecting School Award.
The first step on our journey is the Recognition of Commitment (ROC) which we hope to achieve soon. In order to achieve this we need to:
- Inform the whole school community of our plans – all the staff, all the children, all the parents and carers and anyone else who comes to comes to our school
- Set up a Steering Group to plan and monitor how we are doing
- Find out what people in the school community already know about Children’s Rights
- Make an action plan and check that we’ve got everything we need
- Send the evidence of 1-4 above to Unicef UK
Once we’ve acheived the ROC, we can then start aiming for RRSA Level 1. This will require work from everyone in the school community. Click here if you’d like to know more about what steps we will need to take.
We look forward to having you with us on our journey!
The Global Citizenship Team